Tel: 07766423463 or 01725 510367
Phil and Sue Thompson are based in Hale, over recent years they have built a great reputation for supplying local meat to the Community – the majority retailing through Woodgreen Community Shop.
The aim is to source as much product as possible locally, so to provide a flavour of the provenance of their meat products, Phil has provided us with the producer details for the last 12 months (2020 – 2021):
- Dexter beef – Peter Nicholls, pedigree herd in Beaulieu
- Aberdeen Angus & White Park beef – Helen Clarke, Hale
- Hereford beef – Danny & Jenna Bessant, Howdens Farm, Fritham
- Shetland Key – St Giles Farm, Godshill
- Pork (including pannage pork) and lamb – Danny & Jenna Bessant, Howdens Farm, Fritham
- Wild boar – Jamie Burgess, Bramshaw
- Wild venison – Hampshire Wildlife Trust, Brockenhurst
- Goat – New Forest Goats, Netley Marsh
- Free range chicken – Noah’s Ark, Ashley, New Milton
- Non-free range chicken – Red Tractor farm assured from Dorset
- Rose veal – Mockbeggar
- Pheasant & partridges from local shoots
- Turkeys – bronze, reared by Phil and Sue at home in Hale.
In addition to the sourcing it’s great to know that Phil cures and smokes all his own bacon and gammon. All the sausages are made by Phil in Hale as are the burgers, kebabs, lamb swirls and black pudding.